Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My new garland....

nestingplacenc.blogspot.com.png


So I'm new to the Nesting Place but have already felt inspired to do something unusual for me!     DeCoRaTe!    Yikes that word just scares me when I think I might have to try and create something.  But I guess I lurked on enough blogs that it got me thinking if everyone else says they can't do much with garland (which I beg to differ) than surely I can do a little something.  These women have totally transformed their garland pieces!  So I'm going to show you my before (well not really I had to dust before I took the picture LOL) and then my after.  I don't have a fireplace but the kids and I are thinking of building a fake one so we can have a place to hang our beautiful stockings that my dear sweet mother has made for all of my children.  So here goes.....

13 comments:

  1. Good for you for jumping in a getting it done! It looks very pretty and festive.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job. You will be hooked on decorating now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! You did a great job! We don't have a fireplace either, but it is so fun to have the lights up ( I did the top of our armoire).

    I got my big Christmas balls at a florist/fancy decorating shop in town. I have asked my husband for money for Christmas the last few years because I wanted those balls so bad. Then, after Christmas I'd go shop their half off sale, this is the first year I've had enough balls to do something big with them. That's more than you asked for, (ha!).

    So, I'd check any decorating type shops in town that are locally run and see if they carry them. Also, maybe Google Big Christmas balls (that sounds funny). Have fun decorating-it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you used the mirror for your stockings--welcome to the decorating club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!!

    nice garland babe!
    Lisa
    coastal nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total transformation! I love it. Glad you joined the party.

    Merry Christmas ~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all of these comments! You are doing awesome Paula. And I love your decorations. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I really like your nativity in the center of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to take a quick peek at your blog (I left you a reply on mine). You did very well with your garland! Nester has inspired me too. I even painted my living room tobacco road because of her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a transformation! Isn't it amazing what you can do with some garland and ornaments? It looks GREAT! And the stockings your mother made are something your kids will always cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you look close the dollar store is a wealth of fun decorating items. You can find me and my famliy in Olathe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you used the mirror for your stockings.

    ReplyDelete