Friday, December 19, 2008

R U busy yet... Friday's Flashback



Well, thanks to my SIL for suggesting Friday Flashback....  here is a flashback of my week. Since I'm always on the look out for crafts.  I got this stringing project idea from another blog (sorry forgot where) and tweaked into a Christmas craft.  It was super easy and the kids really enjoyed it.  I cut out a cereal box in the shape of a ginger bread man and had the kids sponge paint them.  I made small cuts on the sides (about 5) for the kids to string the yarn back and fourth between.  The kids added some buttons for the eyes and a few other details. 
I made the coolest little gifts for classmates and friends, Marshmallow Men!  
I was blog hoping and found this 
wonderful idea on Speckled Egg.  It was really easy.  I used some white chocolate and warmed it to the directions and then dipped the marshmallows.  I then added the m&m's.  My kids loved handing them out at school.  We already need to make another batch.  The other thing we made this week was Cinnomon-Sugar Chocolate Covered Pretzels.  I found this through another great blog Your Homebased Mom. 
 I bagged some of these up and gave them out to our neighbors and friends.  It was also a great to bring to our last minute rsvp caroling get together.  The kids loved caroling almost as much as the adults.  I think we had about 40 people gathered for some fa la la laing.  The best part of the night was when a genteman came to the door saying..."How did you know this was exactly what I needed tonight."  Makes you kinda wonder why.  I hope all is well for this sweet man.  The week was wonderfully busy and we ended it with pajama day for my dc/preschool kids.  We danced to some Christmas music and opened gifts.  Gosh, I love those kids!  Buckle up its weekend time!




5 comments:

  1. What great ideas... and great projects for kids!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I may do this!!

    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat that you know Lorrie...I didn't even realize that her husband is a doctor! Yes, it is a small, small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! But how was your Christmas???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Your blog looks so cute. Good job!!!

    Blessings!
    Sandy Cooper
    www.godspeakstoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete