Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What can your cereal box do?

Last night I was trying to come up with a cute project for my daycare/preschool kiddos.  I'm so pleased with how our little Santa's turned out.  My kids range from 2 to 5 years old and they really enjoyed painting, pasting, cutting, and putting these little guys together.  You can do these for your kids too, just follow the steps.  Step 1: Open a cereal box and cut it into triangle. Step 2: Paint with red paint (we sponged ours) Step 3: Glue on white strip of paper for face. Step 4: Add accessories. (We used foil for hat and socks.) The kids had fun taking pictures with their Santa's.  We like to take pictures or our projects and put them in a scrapbook to keep.

3 comments:

  1. Oh your garland is so lush and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just so cute! I wish I had the patience.. although my main issue is space.. I just don't have space to keep supplies and cereal boxes and stuff.. but maybe we'll try this! I think I might actually have all the supplies! Grace would really like that. I think it would be a great "quiet time during Catherine's nap" project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And likewise.. I bet you could use the same idea and make a tree too! Then we could make more use of the cereal box..

    ReplyDelete