Thursday, December 11, 2008

What was in those Wheaties this morning?

Ugh, I woke up feeling such a sense of accomplishment with my new garland from The Nester challenge yesterday.  My special part of the front entrance-way that says "Hey look at the effort I put into Christmas". When WHAM BAM! All heck broke out.  My lovely, peaceful spot was being sabotaged by my mind.  I  started noticing all the places in my house that looked horrible!  Ok one thing I want to make sure when writing this blog is that I'm REAL!  Sometimes this is a little hard for me because I would like for everyone to see my little spot in the world as perfect.  (Thank you God for showing me that I'm not.) Anyhoo, My imperfection started to become neon in my view.  YIKES 
what a mess.  I had a spazz attack and I let my children know that they had a lot of work to do when they got home.  (Hmmm, I don't think they were the creators of all these piles around me but they did have their share.)  It really became uncomfortable in the house.  I had to just sit on the floor and have a little talk with my Father.  He pretty much sat me down and said Dori....breathe.......Dori  Be still!  BE STILL!  Ok, ok I hear you Lord!  I asked for some forgiveness and He showed me some.  I jumped up and decided it was time to have some fun!  It was time for snow and sparkle!  I got out the shaving cream and added a little glitter and WAL LA Snow and Sparkle!  We made a bigger mess and had fun doing it.  The kids had such fun playing and reminding me once again that these little (or big) piles of messes will only be with me for so long so don't sweat the small stuff.  

6 comments:

  1. What fun! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. Looks like it was a fun day at your house. There's nothing like taking time with the kids to put a new perspective on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your comment on the Nesting Place and wanted to come over and welcome you to blog land! I was a newbie not too long ago too. You're off to a great start.

    I, too have been married for 15 years and have four kids, don't know how to spell and write in sentence fragments! :)

    Have a wonderful Friday!
    Blessings,
    Sandy Cooper
    www.godspeakstoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garland looks awesome, great job! Yep it was in Gilbert on Gilbert rd. take a right on Page, and there's this little shack, and grassy area too...the tracks were just behind! Her name is Lisa Warren Footsteps Photography. Send me an email and I can get you her number. rayandnicole@msn.com
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by from SITS to say "Hi"! It sure looks lke the "snow" was fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cats.. our brains function the same way!!!!!!!!!! i throw throws over the piles though (you know the sip pi marine LOVESSSS that:)

    I really enjoy your blog.. KEEP IT UP!

    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats true dear! Don't you remember a conversation we had once? We said that when we die, I don't want to be remembered for being a wonderful housekeeper. My headstone won't say "I wish I had spent more time cleaning". And AMEN to the comment about them only being this little for so long. I think that's one of the things that's helped me to be so laid-back about things I never was before.. and of course, it's the reason behind MANY piles of laundry and clutter around here!

    ReplyDelete